Listen to U is for Urchins, V is for Volcanoes, W is for Wild Caught here or download from iTunes or Google Play.
If you want to read the full transcript, head to my Conservation blog.
U is for Urchins
Top 5 things to know about urchins
- There are over 700 species of sea urchins.
- Some are edible!
- All things uni.
- The future of sea urchins and conservation status.
- What do the dangerously prolific purple sea urchin and kelp have in common?
V is for Volcanoes
Top 5 things to know about volcanoes
- 90 percent of volcanoes are underwater. What’s the connection between volcanoes and seafood?
- Over 250 eruptions take place every year. What happens to the fish?
- Did you know? Some species live inside active volcanoes.
- A freaky-looking species was recently discovered in the deepest place on earth.
- More freaky creatures discovered north of New Zealand.
W is for Wild Caught
Top 5 Wild Caught Species
- Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
- Wild American Shrimp
- Maine Day-boat Scallops
- Wild Alaskan Red King Crab
- Wild Gulf Red Snapper
Find shopping resources for all the wild caught species I mentioned in the Show Notes.
If you support these fishermen, and please do, tell them I sent you. I am not getting paid to promote these fishers, not is this an affiliate link. Just my way to help you #KnowYourFisherman.
Thanks so much for listening. If you have a minute, would you mind rating my show on iTunes? Thanks.
Next up XYZ, then S2 kicks off January 27, 2018. Please join me with my co-host Heather Tomasetti. The topics will be the same, the format with be a casual chat.
We hope you’ll connect and join the conversation.
- Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon http://caughtwildsalmon.com/
- Wild American Shrimp http://www.americanshrimp.com/for-the-home/
- Maine Day-boat Scallops https://www.downeastdayboat.com/
- Wild Alaskan Red King Crab http://www.copperriverseafoods.com/king-crab/
- Wild Gulf Red Snapper https://www.katiesseafoodmarket.com/collections/whole-fish